- Be a native Iowan, who wrestled, coached or officiated at the high school, junior college, collegiate, national or international level. (Active participation not limited to the state of Iowa; i.e. could be an Iowan whose success came in another state).
- (If a wrestler) been out of high school at least 10 years, or five years following collegiate competition; (If a coach or official) must have a minimum of 10 years of service.
- Equal consideration will be given to a candidate's profile for their effort to add quality, respect, and advancement of wrestling at any level.
- Olympic medal winners meeting criteria one and two are deemed "elected".
- Consideration should be given to outstanding candidates who by dates of competition or socio-economic conditions could not continue a career in the sport.
- All candidates should be recognized as individuals who have given back to the sport or to their community.
The Selection Committee reserves the right to consider other Iowans who, by work or deed, have made significant contributions toward the promotion and advancement of wrestling.
To nominate a wrestler, coach, official or active participant; print, complete and submit the form below.